Located at Claydon High School and situated just six miles north-west of Ipswich, we offer a variety of facilities for use by groups, clubs and individuals. Available throughout the year, except school holiday periods, accommodation can be booked on an hourly basis, as a one off, short or long term hire.
If you would like to download and print the following information in booklet form please click below
WHAT FACILITIES CAN WE OFFER?
Two floodlit (one with Astroturf), multi- sports surfaces which include:
- 4 Tennis Courts
- 3 Netball Courts
- 1 7-a-side Football Pitch
- 1 5-a-side Football Pitch
A large sports hall with “Gransprung” floor which can accommodate:
- 1 Tennis Court
- 1 Netball Court
- 1 5-a-side Football Pitch
- 1 Basketball Court
- 1Volleyball Court
- 4 Badminton Courts
Assembly Hall or Megabites
Suitable for Aerobics, Line-dancing etc
Conference Room (including use of small kitchen)
Suitable for meetings and small conferences
Male/Female changing rooms and showers are available.
There is a large car park adjacent to the sports centre.
Mrs Hayley Bradshaw Tel: 01473 834274 or Mrs Lisa Simpson Tel: 01473 834279
Contact numbers for during your period of hire: 07511 314670 / 07956 348986
WHAT SORT OF ACTIVITIES TAKE PLACE AT CLAYDON HIGH SCHOOL?
Privately booked events/games/competitions
If you can get a group of friends/colleagues together for a match or a game, we’ve got the facilities you need for football, tennis, badminton, basketball, netball, cricket and much more.
Regular club activities for games/training/coaching/league matches
We act as a base for numerous sports clubs who hire our facilities throughout the year, we are always happy to pass on contact names and phone numbers to interested people.
Supervised activities/coaching/competitions for children
Supervised tennis and badminton coaching and other sporting activities are frequently on offer during holiday periods.
Birthday parties e.g. 5-a-side fancy dress
A novel and popular way of celebrating a birthday for the young and not so young. Have exclusive use of the Sports Hall, a multi-surface for your own fun-packed party.
Whether it is volleyball, football, netball, basketball, tennis, badminton, rounders or cricket, we can offer you the facilities for your fundraising and not-for-profit community activities.
You can hold your meetings here in either a classroom or our conference room.
One-off casual bookings
There is no need to commit yourself to a lengthy hire period - one-off bookings are just as acceptable. Just ring us to find out if the facility is free at the time you want to play.
Facilities Hire Charges
From September 2018
Large Multi Sports Area
Small Multi Sports Area
Main Assembly Hall
Classroom (weekday use)
The only ball that may be used in the Sports Hall is a five- a-side indoor football
Block bookings are ten weeks or more
Charges are for one hour unless stated
All charges are in advance
Hourly rates refer to 55 minutes usage and 5 minutes changeover
Changing room facilities are included
A discount will be applied during weekdays for under 18’s hiring the facilities before 7.00pm. Please contact us for further details
Prices include floodlighting for outside areas where required
All prices include insurance cover.
- Educational buildings are generally available when not required for the purpose of primary, secondary, special, further and adult education, and the provision of a youth service.
- Use of the premises is subject to various conditions, regulations and charges.
- Application forms are available from the Lettings Co-ordinators, Claydon High School, Church Lane, Claydon, Ipswich IP6 OEG. Telephone 01473 834274/834279. Fax 01473 834272. The co-ordinators will be able to tell you about charges and availability.
- Applications will get considered on their merits, taking into account considerations such as the preservation of law, order and public safety.
- If your application is accepted it will become a firm booking only on receipt of your completed and signed application form.
- The person signing the application form will be considered “the user”. In signing the application form the user is also deemed to agree to the terms and conditions of hire.
- We will confirm your booking and send you an invoice covering the hire period which is payable on receipt and before the hire period commences.
- Cancellations must be made in writing by letter or email giving as much notice as possible. The following charges may be applied:
- Cancellations made at least 1 week prior to the booking – no charge
- Cancellations made between 1 weeks and 24 hours prior to the booking – charged at 50% of cost
- Cancellations made within 24 hours of proposed booking – full hire costs will be incurred.
- In exceptional circumstances it may be necessary for the school to cancel a booking. As much notice as possible will be given, generally not less than 7 days and where possible alternative accommodation will be offered.
Charges/method of payment
- The hire charges are reviewed regularly by the school. In certain circumstances, a deposit may be required
- Charges for sports facilities include a five-minute “change-over” period at the end of each session.
- An invoice will be issued by the school and is payable prior to the commencement of the hire period.
- Hire charges are payable direct to our bank account. We do not accept cash or cheques.
The selling of alcohol requires the hirer to obtain a licence. Unconsumed liquor, bottles, cases, glasses and similar articles must be removed from the premises immediately after the function has ended. *Please note that if alcohol is included in a raffle or competition that you are selling tickets for, then you will still need to obtain a licence from the local authority.
All prices include insurance cover. A copy is available on request.
The user is responsible for ensuring that the premises are left in a clean and tidy condition, including replacing any furniture, which may have been moved. Any additional expense incurred by the moving and replacement of furniture and equipment, or in extra cleaning that may be necessary to return the premises to a satisfactory condition shall be recharged to the user.
Use of the facilities
- The user will be responsible for the facilities and must take all reasonable precaution to ensure that there is no damage to the fabric of the buildings, furniture and fittings, and school equipment. The user shall be responsible for making good any damage to the premises or property. Claydon High School reserves the right for its representative(s):
- To be present during any periods of hire
- To inspect activities at any time
- To put a stop to any activities deemed to be inappropriate or conducted without due care and attention.
CHILDREN (I.E. UNDER 18’S) MUST BE DIRECTLY SUPERVISED BY ADULTS AT ALL TIMES
- Only hired facilities are to be used and users must observe any instructions given by caretaking and/or sports centre staff concerning the area available. The user is not entitled to enter or use the premises at times other than those shown on the booking form.
- Users should acquaint themselves with the fire and safety regulation and procedures relating to the premises in use, particularly the location of fire alarms, extinguishers and emergency exits. Organisations should make provision for their own First Aid. First aid cabinets are located in the entrance to the sports hall and in the Main Assembly Hall and may be accessed in an emergency.
- Users are expected to bring to the attention of staff any concerns about the state of the premises or equipment used. Please help us to help you by reporting any problems promptly.
The user must report all incidents related to unsafe premises or Claydon High School equipment to the Caretaker on duty. Incidents related to a user’s own organised activity are to be reported in line with their own operating/reporting procedures but must also be reported to the school for information purposes.
During the period of your letting a Caretaker may be contacted on 07511314670 or 07956348986.
Additional regulations and conditions for the use of sporting facilities
- It is a requirement that appropriate footwear is worn at all times when using Claydon High School facilities. Particularly, users must ensure that persons who have been authorised by them to use the sports hall, change into appropriate non-marking sports footwear on entry. Any equipment (including goal posts) to be put away.
OUTDOOR FOOTWEAR MUST NOT BE WORN IN THE SPORTS HALL
- The use of the multi-sports area is subject to its condition being satisfactory. In the case of inclement weather, the user will abide by the decision of the caretaking staff on duty as to its suitability for use.
- No food or drink must be consumed in the sports hall at any time
- The only ball that may be used in the Sports Hall is a Five a Side Indoor Football.
- Although caretakers will try to ensure that outside pitches are free from litter and debris, it remains the responsibility of the user to satisfy themselves that pitches are safe to use and clean of any debris that may cause injury.
SMOKING IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN WHILST USING ANY OF THE FACILITIES
Additional regulations and condition for use of halls
The user is responsible for ensuring that any necessary licences required for a particular event have been obtained in line with the Licencing Act 2003. The school retains the right to inspect any licence or certificate mentioned in the following paragraphss.
No stage play shall be performed unless a theatre licence has been obtained from the appropriate town/district council. No booking will be confirmed unless such a licence has been obtained. The user must observe any conditions attached to such a licence.
Performing Rights Licence
No copyright, dramatic for musical work shall be performed or sung without the licence of the owner of copyright. The user shall indemnify the school and the County Council against any infringement of copyright which may occur during the hire period. Queries about obtaining a performing rights licence should be directed to the performing rights society LTD, 29/33 Berners Street, London W1P 4AA.
Alcoholic drinks shall only be brought on the premises if they are directly provided by the user or provided by the holder of an occasional licence granted by the justices for the function for which approval has been given. The selling of alcoholic drinks also requires a licence, as does the selling of raffle/competition tickets if the raffle/competition contains alcohol/alcoholic products.
Public Entertainment Licence
The school holds a public entertainment licence which gives permission for public music, singing or dancing between the hours of 7.00pm to 11.00pm Monday- Saturday.
Users must ensure that instructors/supervision/coaches hold appropriate valid qualifications and DBS certification or can demonstrate they have had suitable and adequate experience to provide instruction.
Scenery, costume and drapes used for stage performances or the like in the school hall must be fire-proofed. The school may cancel or postpone the booking at any time if the necessary requirements have not been undertaken.
Specialist lighting or amplifying equipment for dance etc. is not included in the hire of the school hall.
No exits may be blocked, or furniture/equipment/obstructions placed in corridors. Fire appliances must not be tampered with or removed other than for fire fighting purposes.
The user shall not exceed the licence seating and/or dancing capacity in the hall which is as follows:
All seated at tables…………………………………............180 persons
Dancing area and seated at tables........................140 persons
Dancing.................................................................... 360 persons
Closely seated audience.........................................240 persons
Claydon High School, Church Lane, Claydon, Ipswich. IP6 0EG